ABOUT OUR OFFICE
Our office is designed to have a warm, family friendly atmosphere. When you are here, our staff will welcome you and go out of their way to make you feel comfortable and relaxed. You may click on the pictures here to take a tour of the office.
MEET THE TEAM
ABOUT DR. SPIER
Place Of Birth:
* London, England
* Undergraduate: McGill University, Montreal Canada
* BSc. Cum Laude Anatomy and Cell Biology
* Medical Degree: Faculty of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal Canada
* George Washington University, Washington D.C.
Licensure and Board Certification:
* Fellow American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology (FACOG) 1997
* Board Certified, American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, November 1997
(Voluntary Annual Recertification since 1997)
*Vice Chief of Staff - Memorial Regional Hospital 2019 - Present
*Chief of Obstetrics and Gynecology: Memorial Regional Hospital 2008-2010
*Peer Review Board Memorial Regional Hospital 2010 - Present
Memberships, Offices and Committee and Academic Appointments:
* Past President: Broward County Medical Association 2007-2008
* Chair Managed Care Committee Broward County Medical Association 1999-2004
* Board Of Censors, Broward County Medical Association 1998-2001
* Board of Directors: American Friends of Magen David Adom (ARMDI)
*Affiliate Assistant Professor of Clinical Biomedical Science in the Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine FAU
Awards & Honors:
* Teacher of the Year (Resident): George Washington University
* Teaching Resident for Third Year Medical Student
* Clerkship Rotation in OB/Gyn 1992-1993 -Clinical Clerkship Honors in Obstetrics and Gynecology, McGill University, Faculty of Medicine.
HISTORY & MISSION
The relationship between an obstetrician/gynecologist and his or her patient has always been one of the most privileged and unique in medicine. Recent advances in both medicine and technology have, however, magnified not only its importance in the role of women's health care, but also the number of choices and decisions a woman must make regarding her health care from the beginning of her reproductive years through menopause.
One need only pick up a current magazine or watch one of the many television news shows to find someone discussing the pros and cons of a certain method of childbirth, contraception, surgical procedure, fertility drug or hormone therapy. In the age of the "information superhighway" with so many roads, it is easy to get lost. As a result of the increased availability of choices, however, a woman can now, in consultation with her physician, chart a course for her immediate and long term well being which best suits her medical and personal needs.
In response to growing patient awareness of the many options available today, as well as physician advocacy for greater patient education, the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists has produced an outstanding series of patient education documents, which you will find links for on this website. Our office is staffed and equipped to diagnose, manage and of course answer your questions relating to areas such as abnormal PAP smears, infertility, prenatal care and screening, vaginal birth after a cesarean, high risk pregnancies, birth control options, menopause, hormone replacement and urinary incontinence. We are also pleased to announce the convenience of on site ultrasound imaging, as well as 3-D and 4-D ultrasound capability.
We look forward to seeing you soon!